domingo, 11 de marzo de 2018

Jonah's Prayer and Deliverance

Now the LORD had prepared a great 
fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in
the belly of the fish three days and three
nights.
Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his
God from the fish's belly.
And he said:
"I cried out to the LORD because of 
my affliction.
And He answered me.
"Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.
For You cast me into the deep,
Into the heart of the seas,
And the floods surrounded me;
All Your billows and Your waves
passed over me.
Then I said, ' I have been cast out of
Your sight;
Yet I will look again toward Your
holy temple.'
The waters encompassed me, even 
to my soul;
The deep closed around me;
Weeds were wrapped around my
head.
I went down to the moorings of the
mountains;
The earth with its bars closed
behind me forever;
Yet You have brought up my life
from the pit,
O LORD, my God.
"When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the LORD;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.
"Those who regard worthless idols
Forsake their own Mercy.
But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay what I have vowed.
Salvation is of the LORD."
So the LORD spoke to the fish, and it
vomited Jonah onto dry land.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario